This technical brief was prepared by IDS in December 2020 to support the embedding of social science and anthropological perspectives in UK AID-supported Tackling Deadly Diseases in Africa (TDDA) technical assistance and its Early Response Mechanism.
It draws on a review of both academic and grey literature, as well as inputs from social scientists and other public health experts in xxx. It presents key considerations regarding:
- the background and overview of the country’s health system;
- issues related to infectious disease outbreaks, response, and preparedness;
- health governance and key actors;
- community experiences and responses;
- implications for outbreak preparedness and response.
This briefing was produced with support from the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) funded Tackling Deadly Diseases in Africa (TDDA) programme managed by DAI Global Health.