The global pandemic Covid-19 is impacting people in many and varied ways. The effects on all our lives are immense and diverse, from rural and urban communities, young and old, from different geographic and economic groups, we are each living with different realities of a global crisis.
In this month’s episode of Between the Lines, IDS’ Melissa Leach, Hayley MacGregor, Annie Wilkinson and Ian Scoones discuss how we should learn from past epidemics and outbreaks and the need to understand social dynamics in order to respond to Covid-19.
Listen and subscribe
- Book – ‘Avian Influenza: Science, Policy and Politics’, Ian Scoones
- Book – ‘Epidemics: Science, Governance and Social Justice’, Melissa Leach, Sarah Dry and Hayley MacGregor
- Blog – Covid-19 – a social phenomenon requiring diverse expertise
- Blog – Science, uncertainty and the Covid-19 response
- Pandemic Preparedness Programme